This new property allows a developer to deliver a (front to back) visual analysis solution without writing a SINGLE LINE OF CODE! Here is how it works...
- Start a new Windows Forms solution.
- Drop a PivotView control onto your Windows Form.
- Set the Dock property to Fill
- Drop the RdDataSource control onto your Windows Form.
- Set the ConnectionString property (same one you used to build the custom schema file *).
- Set the ConnectionType property (OleDb, ODBC, or Sql)
- Set the CustomSchemaFile property (*)
- Set the QueryString property (ie. query or stored procedure)
- Notice the new AutoConnect property defaults to True
- Set the PivotView's DataSource property to rdDataSource1.
- Press Play!
We are continuing to make enhancements on the product and are committed to delivering new builds much more frequently to ensure that our users are taken care of quickly and effectively. More and more cool features are coming very soon too; there are 3 (huge) features that we hope to deliver to the public in the next month or so. If you haven't signed up for product updates, I highly encourage it!
* - When you install Data Dynamics Analysis, it ships with many prebuilt schema files that describe some of the relational data sources that ship with the product. If you would like to explore these data sources, simply reference the schema files from the following directory:
Post a Comment