- Trees for a Change gift trees are planted in U.S. National Forests to replace trees destroyed by wildfire, disease or insects.
- Since 2004, the U.S. has seen an extreme number of wildfires, leaving record numbers of acres devastated.
- The Forest Service has recently identified over one million acres of National Forest land that is in desperate need of reforestation.
- Our trees are planted and cared for by Forest Service tree experts who specialize in reforestation. They choose which National Forests can benefit the most from our program.
- Planting only tree species that are native to the surrounding area optimizes growing conditions and ensures that each tree has a healthy beginning.
- Your tree gift will grow to restore habitat and food for wildlife, provide clean air, prevent soil erosion and add beauty to our National Forests for many future generations.
- Trees are the earth's longest-living organisms. The average tree in one year is able to absorb ten pounds of pollutants from the air and convert 330 pounds of carbon dioxide into oxygen.
- Trees for a Change Tree Gifts are a wonderful and generous way to celebrate or memorialize someone special. A tree planted right now will benefit all the inhabitants of our planet for years and years to come. One Tree Gift really can change the world!
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Trees for a Change
A friend sent me a cool gift idea. Her friend started a company to replenish the number of trees that have been devastated by wildfires. Here is a link if you can't think of that special gift for your loved one: http://www.treesforachange.com/index.html